Advice by Sport
1. Choose the right type and size of bike for you.
2. Make sure the brakes are suitably adjusted and in proper working order, and can stop the wheels effectively.
3. Tyres should be in good condition and are properly pumped up.
4. Remember to check the batteries of bike lights have sufficient energy for the whole journey. Also, the bike must be fitted with a bell and a rear red reflector.
5. Wear bright, light-coloured, fluorescent or reflective and well-fitted clothing, or a reflective belt.
1. Obey traffic rules, including traffic signals, traffic signs and road markings.
2. When crossing the road at pedestrian crossings, get off the cycle and push the cycle.
3. If there is a cycle track along the road, you must use it.
4. Look out for potholes, drains, road expansion joints, covers and track, etc.
5. While riding at night or in poor visibility, a white light in the front and a red light at the rear must be switched on.