Things to remember when you venture out on your adventurous hike.
1. It is essential to know the terrain and recent weather conditions of the place where you will be hiking and prepare your clothing and other gear accordingly
2. Be aware of the closest villages/ settlements/camping areas to find help when in trouble.
3. Be respectful of the local culture and follow mountain etiquettes.
4. Inform about your return date to people close to you and keep updating them in case of any change of plan.
5. Always mark the path you take to ensure you don't get lost on your way back and people can find you in case you do get lost.
6. When you are above the clouds, you get only soul connection :) In this era of GPS and mobile phones, we forget the value of simple things such as a compass to help us find our way when our battery might die. Learn to use it.
7. Remember that you can whistle to signal.
8. In the end, it’s always good to have someone local with you.
DON’T BE A LAMA IN THE LAND OF GAMA